Bonne, Bridges, Mueller, O'Keefe & Nichols
3699 Wilshire Boulevard,
Los Angeles, CA 90010
213-738-5888 (firm fax)
Applying her extensive background as a registered nurse and an insightful understanding of medical issues, Carmen Vigil defends health care providers facing medical malpractice claims.
Among the clients she represents in court and at arbitration are emergency room doctors, long term care facilities, plastic surgeons, psychiatrists, surgeons, nurses, physician practice groups, physician assistants and other health care specialists. In addition, she also handles general liability matters with extensive damages exposure. Carmen has considerable success preserving victories upon appeal and arguing cases in which she was original counsel.
Representative Matters Include:
- For a plastic surgeon facing a career-threatening medical malpractice claim alleged by a breast implant patient, Carmen obtained a defense verdict using trial techniques recognized as exemplary by the Los Angeles Daily Journal.
- Carmen achieved a defense verdict for a surgeon charged with improper treatment. She proved that the plaintiff suffered from Munchausen syndrome by proxy disease. Carmen argued the case on appeal and was victorious again.
- Obtaining favorable and early resolution of malpractice claims for ER doctors and nurses.
- Successfully trying and arbitrating medical malpractice lawsuits for physicians and health care providers in elder care and long term care facilities.
Prior to commencing her law career, Carmen practiced as a nurse in a wide array of medical environments. These include clinics, acute and emergency care facilities, pediatric intensive units, and psychiatric and surgical wards. Carmen's nursing experience allows her to analyze and address the real facts of a case and cut through the scientific complexities associated with professional liability claims.
Additionally, Carmen's legal and medical acumen contribute to her success representing owners and insurers in premises liability matters involving significant injuries.
A frequent lecturer before academic and professional audiences, Carmen addresses issues such as medical charting and documentation, patient communications, and effective measures for avoiding malpractice claims.
- Loyola Law School Los Angeles, J.D, 1985
- University of California, Los Angeles, Master of Science in Nursing, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- All California State Courts
- The State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Bioethics Committee Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- National League of Nursing
- El Camino College, Torrance, CA- Guest Lecturer and Former Professor of Nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Derderian v. Dietrick (1997) 56 Cal. App. 4th 892, 65 Cal.Rptr. 2d 800
Presentations & Publications
- Frequent speaker at academic institutions on best practices
- Presentations to medical professionals on liability issues
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Carmen Vigil Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.