Robert F. Lewis
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP
221 N. Figueroa Street, Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-250-7900 (firm fax)
Directors and Officers Coverage and Litigation Professional Liability
Mr. Lewis serves as Chair of the firm-wide Directors and Officers practice group. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation with substantial litigation experience in the areas of:
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Securities Litigation
- Professional Liability
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- American Maritime Association
- State Bar Resolution Committee 1976, 1977 and 1978
- Delegate to the State Bar 1973-1978
- Delegation Executive Committee 1975-1977
- Lawyer Delegate to the Ninth Circuit Judicical Conference 1990-1993; 1998-2001
- American Bar Association
- Chancery Club
- Mr. Lewis has more than forty years of experience in the insurance defense field with his practice focusing on complex civil litigation with emphasis in the area of directors and officers liability class action security cases as well as professional liability. He has acted as both coverage and monitoring counsel in numerous class action lawsuits and security class action litigation.
- D&O Newsletter Summer 2006
- Lectured at the Continuing Education of the Bar, USC Law Center - Fourth Annual Corporate Law and Finance Institute, 1976; and at the Continuing Education of the Bar, 13th Annual Federal Practice Institute panel list, June, 1990
- "Advising and Defending Corporate Officers and Directors Under the New General Corporate Law" (CEB, 1977)
- "Liability Coverage Under the New Securities Laws" USC Law Center 4th Annual Corporate Law and Finance Institute, (1976)
- University of California at Los Angeles, Juris Doctor, 1961
- University of California at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, 1958
EDITORIAL REVIEWThe top advisor to the insurance industry has more than 40 years experience in directors’ and officers’ liability litigation.
No stranger to multi-million dollar litigation, attorney Robert Lewis represents professionals in claims against them for professional liability. American International Group of Companies (AIG), National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh and the City of Los Angeles have trusted him to help sort out their legal woes. Insurance coverage, securities litigation and legal malpractice are all within Lewis' specialty.
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Robert F. Lewis Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.