Wendi S. Lazar
Outten & Golden
3 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
212-977-4005 (firm fax)
WENDI S. LAZAR is a partner at Outten & Golden LLP where she co-heads the firm’s Executives & Professionals Practice Group. She practices in many areas of employment law with a focus on executive agreements, including retention, expatriate, non-competition, talent, severance, and compensation arrangements. She also represents teams of executives transitioning during mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Ms. Lazar co-chairs the firm’s Executives and Professionals Practice Group.
Ms. Lazar’s practice is international in scope, and she advises clients and attorneys in the US and abroad on employment, contract and related immigration issues. Ms. Lazar’s clients are predominantly executives and professionals in the financial, media and medical industries.
Ms. Lazar has written and lectured on employment issues to bar associations and industry groups. She has had numerous legal articles and book chapters published, as well as several administrative law decisions while an attorney with the Honors Program of the Department of Justice.
Before she began practicing law in 1993, Ms. Lazar was a film and television producer. Her ten years of experience in that field include many television and feature film credits as well as an Emmy award.
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations
Ms. Lazar is the Chair of the National Employment Lawyers Association’s Executives and Professionals Committee and a member of its New York affiliate. She is currently a member of the International Labor and Employment Committee of the New York State Bar Association where she is co-chairing its first international labor and employment law conference with Cornell’s ILR School. She is an active member of the ABA Labor and Employment Law Section and serves on the International Labor Committee. She chaired the New York State Women’s Bar Association’s International Human Rights Committee and is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
She graduated magna cum laude from Hunter College and received her J.D. cum laude from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she was the recipient of a Ford Foundation Fellowship in International Law and an Alexander Fellow, participating as a federal judicial law clerk. Ms. Lazar is married and lives in New York with her two children.
Wendi Lazer is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
by Wendi Lazar
ARTICLES & TREATISES
- What German Employees Must Known When Coming to Work in the U.S.
Wendi S. Lazar, German American Trade, Volume 18. No. 10, November/December 2007
- Representing Executives and employees after 409A: The Final Chapter on Deferred Compensation and Separation Pay
Wendi S. Lazar, New York Law Journal, May 17, 2007
- Performers and Athletes Received a Cold Reception After 9/11 - But Are Things Getting Warmer?
Wendi S. Lazar, American Immigration Lawyers Association Publication, 2007
- Counseling Multinational Employees: Their Rights and Remedies in the US
Wendi S. Lazar, Bender's Immigration Bulletin, May 1, 2006
- IRC §409A: New Rules on Deferred Compensation and Severence
Wendi S. Lazar, New York Law Journal, March 9, 2006
- Physicians with Non Competition Pacts: Is the Law Changing?
Wendi S. Lazar, New York Law Journal, October 14, 2005
- Negotiating Out of Restrictive Covenants
Wendi S. Lazar, New York Law Journal, April 26, 2005
- Breaking Up is Hard To Do: Terminating Foreign, Non-Immigrant Employees and the Consequences That Follow
Wendi S. Lazar, New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Fall Meeting, September 2003
- The Big Chill: How Performers and Athletes Have Received A Cold Reception Since 2001
Wendi S. Lazar and Gretchen Van Deusen, Immigration Law Today, March/April 2003
- H-1Bs - Out of Work and Out of Status? Still Unresolved Issues
Wendi S. Lazar, ILT Monthly, ACBNY April 2001
- WBASNY International Women's Rights Committee Celebrates Its Fifth Anniversary in Montreal
Wendi S. Lazar, Women's Bar News, June 1998
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Wendi S. Lazar and Deborah Volberg, Municipal Lawyer New York State Bar Association, July/August 1997
- Representing Physicians with Non-Competition Agreements: Is the Law Changing?
by Wendi S. Lazar
Multi-National Employees: Their Rights And Remedies Under US Law
by Wendi S. Lazar
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - The
Plight of H-1B Employees and The Challenges for Those who Represent Them
by Wendi S. Lazar
- Performers and Athletes Received A Cold
Reception After 9/11 - But Are Things Getting Warmer?
by Wendi S. Lazar- Immigration Options For Artists and Entertainers
- 409A Rules on Deferred Compensation Severance Pay
by Wendi S. Lazar- New York Law Journal
- wWhat German Employees Must Know When Coming
to Work in the U.S.
by Wendi S. Lazar- German American Trade Magazine
- Sexual Harassment In
by Wendi S. Lazar and Deborah L. Volberg
- Nov 4- ABA - Section of Labor & Employment 4th Annual Law Conference- "Around the World in 90 Minutes: Highlights of Current Peculiarities and Pitfalls of Individual Transnational Employment Contracts"- Chicago, IL
- Sep 27-28- ACI - International Labor & Employment Law Boot Camp for U.S. Attorneys- Not available yet- NYC
- Sep 24-25- ABA - Section of Labor & Employment Law 2010 Leadership Development Program- 2010 Leadership Development Program - Team Role - Self-Perception Inventory-Chicago, IL
- Sep 17- Five O'Clock Club - Breakfast Panel- "Handling Terminations While Planning for a Recovery"- NYC
- Aug 5-10- ABA - 2010 San Francisco Annual Meeting- Keeping up with the Competition and Keeping the Taxman at Bay: Employment Contracts, Severance Agreements and 409As- San Francisco, CA
- Jun 24- PLI - Employment Discrimination Law and Litigation 2010- The Changing Landscape of Discrimination Law: New Developments in Privacy and Technology- NYC
- Jun 18- Five O'Clock Club – Breakfast Panel - "Obama's Employment & Labor Rulings, Laws and Enforcements: An Update"- Breakfast Panel - "Obama's Employment & Labor Rulings, Laws and Enforcements: An Update"- NYC
- May 9-13- ABA - International Labor & Employment Law Committee 2010 Midyear Meeting- Enforcing Post Employment Restrictions Across Boarders- Istanbul, Turkey - The Bosphorus
- May 6- NYWIFT - Sex Discrimination Behind the Camera: How To Deal With Harassment in the Industry- Sexual Harassment and Gender Discrimination in the Film & TV Industry- NYC
- Jun 15-16- Practising Law Institute- Multinational Employment Claims- New York, NY
- Jun 4-5- 42nd Annual Pacific Coast Labor & Employment Law Conference- Executive Agreements: Covering All the Bases- Seattle, WA
- May 18- ELA Transatlantic Conference- Enforcement of restrictive covenants abroad- London, England
- Apr 23-24- International Bar Association- Key Employment, Labour and HR Challenges for Today's Multinational Employers- Berlin, Germany
- Apr 1-4- National Conference on Equal Employment Opportunity Law- Is the World Really Your Oyster? Workplace Issues in a Global Economy.- Orlando, FL
- Mar 24-28- ABA Employment Rights and Responsibilities Midwinter Meeting- The Basics: Covenants Not-To-Compete and Trade Secrets- Key West, FL
- Mar 11- ABA Teleconference- Confidentiality, Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants - Teleconference
- Jun 24-26- National Employment Lawyers Association- Unlocking the Golden Handcuffs- Atlanta, GA
- Jun 5- New York University 61st Annual Conference on Labor-Negotiating Employment Contracts for Cross-Border
- Apr 30- ABA Teleconfernce Series- Multinational Expansion and Relocation- Teleconfernce
- Apr 2- ABA- ERR Pirates of the Corporation: Lift Outs and Corporate Raids- Dana Point, CA
- Mar 7-8- NYSBA/Cornell Confernce- As the World Turns: Perspectives on International Labor and Employment Law Conference - New York, NY
- Nov 9- ABA Annual- Moderating and speaking on a panel on Expatriate Agreements- Philadelphia, PA
- Sep 28-30- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section and Municipal Law Section Fall Meeting
Cross Border Enforcement of Non Competes- Ithaca, NY
- Jun 27-30- National Employment Lawyers Assocation Negotiating Employment Agreements and Offer Letters-
San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Jun 1- National Employment Lawyers Association Conference-Negotiating Employment Agreements and Offer Letters-
San Juan, P.R.
- Feb 1- ABA International Law Teleconference Series-Employment Agreements and Cross-Border Employment: What US lawyers need to know about contracts of employment and international secondment Teleconference
- Nov 9- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York - Overlaps, Conflicts, and Intersections of Employment and
Immigration Law Representing Employees with Immigration Issues-NYC
- Oct 13- San Francisco Bar Association-International Employment Law Confernce- Ending Employment Relationships
Abroad- San Francisco, CA
- Sep 15-17- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section and Municipal Law Section Fall Meeting-
Cross Border Enforcement of Non Competes- Saratoga, NY
- Apr 7- Los Angeles County Bar Association's International Employment Law Symposium-Counseling Multinational Employees- Los Angeles, CA
- Oct 17- New York Women in Film and Television-Negotiating Employment Contracts and How to Keep What You Earn-
- Sep 1- New York Women in Film and Television, Panel Discussion-Negotiating Employment Agreements for Female Talent in
the Media Industry: How to Get What You Deserve- NYC
- May 6- National Employment Lawyers Association, Spring Conference-Restrictive Covenants: What Every Good Lawyer Should Know- New York
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Wendi S. Lazar Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.