John F. Eisberg
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
2800 LaSalle Plaza, 800 LaSalle Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612-339-4181 (firm fax)
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the Civil Litigation Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- $5.4 million settlement for failure to appropriately monitor and treat known cardiomyopathy.
- $4 million settlement involving failure of radiologists to detect on CT brain aneurysm, leading to woman's total disability and brain damage.
- $3.3 million settlement for negligent delay in delivery of baby resulting in cerebral palsy characterized by spastic quadriplegia and developmental delays.
- $2.8 million settlement involving the death of a 50-year-old man for failure to diagnose and treat sepsis.
- $2.7 million settlement for negligent decision to attempt high risk lytic clot busting therapy resulting in stroke of 42-year-old man. Read more.
- $2.6 million settlement for failure to diagnose and treat signs and symptoms of cardiomyopathy associated with pregnancy resulting in pregnant, 33 year-old woman suffering cardiac arrest during the emergency cesarean section delivery of her first child.
- $2.6 million settlement in a negligence case where the ovaries were removed in a young girl without consent.
- $2.5 million settlement for family of brain injured child at birth.
- $2.5 million settlement for brain injured adult resulting from excessive administration of blood pressure lowering drug.
- $2.1 million settlement for failure to promptly administer antibiotics for kidney infection, resulting in death.
- $2 million settlement for wrongful death of 55-year-old man for failing to diagnose cardiac disease.
- $2 million settlement for failure to diagnose and treat volvulus (twisting of colon) in a timely manner in 62-year-old woman resulting in permanent disability. Read more.
- $1.9 million settlement for child for failing to diagnose kidney infection resulting in kidney transplant.
- $1.75 million settlement for a 43 year old man who underwent contraindicated LASIK surgery, resulting in progressive ecstasia and the need for bilateral corneal transplants. Read more.
- $1,238,000 recovery involving death of a young girl from failure to diagnose mononeucleosis.
- $750,000 settlement for wrongful death of seven-year-old girl from anesthesia mishap.
- $500,000 settlement for negligent decision to perform radio-frequency ablation procedure resulting in digestion problems and lifting restrictions for 42-year-old woman. Read more.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation in which we practice and does not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
- "Minneapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers (2010)**
- Named to “3000 Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon (2007)**
- Named a “Minnesota Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers (2003-2012)**
- Has been listed in every edition of Best Lawyers in America since its initial publication **
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law **
- Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association: Lifetime Achievement Award
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (SMRLS): 21st Century Leadership Award
**Being named to the list or receiving the award is not intended and should not be viewed as comparative to other lawyers or to create an expectation about results that might be achieved in a future matter.
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota
- American College of Legal Medicine
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), served as member of Board of Governors
- Minnesota Association for Justice (formerly Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association), served as member of Board of Governors
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Legal Medical Committee, Former Chairman)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section, served on Governing Council)
- Ramsey County Medical Legal Committee, Former Chairman
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Children's Heartlink, Board Member
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Foundation for Children, Board of Directors and Vice Chair
- Schubert Club, Board Member
- The Minneapolis Foundation, Former Board of Trustees and Vice Chair
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, Member of the Board of Advisors
- Bach Society, Former Board Member
- The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, Former Board Member
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Former Board Member
- Yale Law School, J.D. (1963)
- University of Michigan
John Eisberg News
- Jul 2012
Attorneys Named as "Minnesota Super lawyers and Rising Stars 2012"
Attorneys in the Minneapolis office of Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. were recognized as “2012 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars”
- Sep 6, 2011
Best Lawyers 2012 Names Firm Partners
- July 2010
Attorneys Named as "Minnesota Super Lawyers 2010"
- Aug 12, 2009
Best Lawyers 2010 Names 18 Firm Partners
Attorneys in the Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Naples offices selected.
- Jul 10, 2009
Firm's Attorneys Receive Professional Excellence Award
The Minnesota State Bar Association presented our attorneys with the "Professional Excellence Award" for their pro bono representation of survivors of the 35W Bridge Collapse.
- Aug 2008
Attorneys Named as "Minnesota Super Lawyers 2008"
Attorneys in the Minneapolis office named "Minnesota Super Lawyers 2008."
- Aug 2007
Attorneys Named as "Minnesota Super Lawyers 2007"
Attorneys in the Minneapolis office recently named a "Minnesota Super Lawyers" by Law & Politics.
- Jan 2007
Firm's Attorneys Named Among Top Plaintiffs' Attorneys by Lawdragon
- Oct 13 2003
Campaign for Legal Aid Honors Two Partners for Providing Access To Justice for the Disadvantaged
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
Mason Publishing Company
- Minnesota Medical Malpractice
Merrill/Magnus Publishing Corporation
- Failure to Diagnose Acute Coronary Syndromes in the New Millenium
American Association of Trial Lawyers
- LASIK Cases
Minnesota Trial Lawyer Magazine (Winter 2001)
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of John F. Eisberg Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.