Anthony A. Froio
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
800 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02199
617-267-8288 (firm fax)
- Trademark and Advertising Disputes
- International Arbitration
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Creditor Representation - Insolvency
- Health Care Litigation
Represents clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to individuals in complex litigation related to intellectual property and trademark infringement, employment and bankruptcy litigation, as well as general commercial disputes.
Has also represented companies in the Food industry involving key industry issues including brand protection, advertising and labeling.
Serves on several community boards and various legal groups and committees, and is active with numerous professional associations.
Has been Regional Managing Partner of the firm’s Boston office since May, 2004.
Prior to joining Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P., was a senior associate at a Boston law firm, concentrating in commercial litigation, business and corporate law and litigation.
Served on Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission (2006-2007).
Vice-Chairman of Board of Governors, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA.
Was a professional percussionist for a Worcester Orchestra and a private musical group
Outside General Counsel for leading window manufacturer in various warranty and product liability matters.
Represented Leading U.S. skylight manufacturer in consumer products safety commission matter.
Represented Fortune 100 Company controls manufacturer in wrongful death products liability action.
- Great Clips, Inc. v. Hair Cuttery of Greater Boston, L.L.C. and Great Cuts, Inc.: Summary judgment granted to client, Great Clips, Inc., against declaratory judgment defendant Great Cuts which had made claims of trademark infringement following Great Clips' entry into the New England market. On February 19, 2009, the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts found that a previous settlement agreement barred Great Cuts' claims. On January 5, 2010, the U.S. Court of Appeals affirmed the previous ruling by the District Court confirming Great Clips' right to use its trademarked name throughout the United States, including the New England market.
- Lead counsel representing multi-national/Fortune 100 company in patent infringement action involving liquid crystal display technology.
- Co-lead counsel in representation of Fortune 100 company in patent infringement action involving liquid crystal display technology.
- Defended Fortune 1000 company in defense of a multi-million dollar litigation, involving employment matters, health care and contract claims.
- Obtained multi-million dollar exception to discharge in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceeding on behalf of a Commercial Bank from Houston, Texas.
- Co-counsel in trial of an architectural malpractice claim on behalf of a major Boston developer resulting in a $1.3 million verdict.
- Defended the seller of a major ambulance company in a breach of contract action involving claims in excess of $1 million.
- Represented a dental manufacturing company in a multi-million dollar trademark action and resulting adversary proceeding in Chapter 11 proceeding.
- General Counsel to Daniel F. Duquette Sports Academy.
- United States Counsel to VKR Holdings, f/k/a Velux Corporation.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation in which we practice and does not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2013 edition)
- Inducted into the Special Olympics Massachusetts Hall of Fame for exceptional contributions (2012)
- Inducted into the Holy Name Central Catholic High School Hall of Fame (2009)
- Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers (2007-2012)
**Being named to the list or receiving the award is not intended and should not be viewed as comparative to other lawyers or to create an expectation about results that might be achieved in a future matter.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Worcester Bar Association
- Appointed by the Governor of Massachusetts to the State’s Judicial Nominating Committee.
- Boston Bar Association, Executive Committee(2012-), Litigation Section, Co-Chair (2010-2011) and Council Member (2012-)
- Boston Bar Foundation, Executive Committee, Trustee and Fellows Committee, and Development Committee - Chair
- Vice Chair of the Board of Governors of Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts (2009-present)
- Holy Cross Varsity Club in Worcester, Massachusetts, former President and current Treasurer
- Town of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, Chair of Personnel Board
- Holy Cross Diamond Club, Co-Founder
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D. cum laude (1989), Trial Advocacy Award
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Dana Scholar
Anthony Froio News
- Aug 27, 2012
Attorneys Selected as 2013 Best Lawyers in America
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. is pleased to announce that 27 attorneys have been selected by their peers to the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, which is widely regarded as the preeminent referral source ot the legal profession in the United States.
- Oct 2010
Attorneys Named as "Boston Super Lawyers 2010"
Partners in the firm's Boston office were named "Boston Super Lawyers 2010" by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Nov 2009
Attorneys Named as "Boston Super Lawyers 2009"
Partners in the firm's Boston office were named "Boston Super Lawyers 2009" by Law & Politics.
- Feb 19, 2009
Court Upholds Settlement Agreements in Great Clips Trademark Case
The U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts has upheld a settlement agreement giving the hair salon chain Great Clips, Inc. the right to use the trademark "Great Clips" in the Boston market.
- Nov 2008
Attorneys Named as "Boston Super Lawyers 2008"
Partners in the firm's Boston office were named "Boston Super Lawyers 2008" by Law & Politics.
- Oct 2007
Attorneys Named as "Boston Super Lawyers 2007"
Partners in the firm's Boston office were named "Boston Super Lawyers 2007" by Law & Politics.
- Nov 6, 2006
Firm's Boston Office Holds Fourth Annual Golf Tournament to Benefit Special Olympics Massachusetts
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. is expected to present a check to the organization for close to $50,000 for this year's event. This contribution will bring the four-year total to over $150,000 raised for Special Olympics athletes in Massachusetts.
- Apr 27, 2006
Governor Appoints Local Attorney to Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission
Shrewsbury resident and Boston attorney, Anthony A. Froio was recently appointed to the Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission (JNC) by Governor Mitt Romney.
- May 11 2004
Anthony A. Froio Named Managing Partner of Boston Office
A Shrewsbury resident, Froio becomes the third managing partner in the twenty-two year history of Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi's Boston office.
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Anthony A. Froio Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.