Jason W. Pfeiffer
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
2800 LaSalle Plaza, 800 LaSalle Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612-339-4181 (firm fax)
- Represents corporations in commercial, insurance coverage, subrogation, and product defense litigation. Federal and state court practice focuses on complex, multi-party cases involving contracts, insurance policies, torts, engineering, and technology. Develops and implements litigation prevention strategies for corporations. Litigated and/or tried cases in 24 states.
Plaintiff Commercial and Product Litigation Cases
- Achieved confidential settlements with dam owner, construction firm, and design engineers, arising from the Silver Lake fuse plug failure near Marquette, Michigan. Represented Wisconsin Electric Power Company and its property insurers.
- Represented property insurers in arbitration involving the Rouge Powerhouse disaster. Dust explosion killed 6 people and destroyed the powerhouse that serviced the Ford Rouge manufacturing complex in Dearborn, Michigan. Obtained confidential award.
- Obtained settlements for Lake Wilson, Minnesota in lawsuit seeking to recover damage for breach of contract, among other theories.
- Represented owner of hotel and its property insurer in litigation arising from hotel fire in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Defeated summary judgment motions based on contractual waivers and limitations and obtained settlement.
- Achieved confidential settlement for property damage and business interruption losses arising from explosion at power generation facility near Kansas City, Missouri.
- Obtained settlement from Italian company for damages caused when an explosion damaged the Wrigley printing facility.
- Resolved $28 million cases against manufacturer for less than costs of defense by obtaining deposition admissions that end-user bypassed control system to save time and assumed the risk of an explosion.
- Obtained dismissal of tortious interference with contract and business relationship lawsuit between companies engaged in aerospace product development and manufacturing.
- Defended corporation in litigation arising from West Pharmaceutical disaster in Kinston, North Carolina. The explosion killed 6 people, injured 36 others, caused more than $70 million in property and business interruption losses, and was the subject of a U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Board investigation and documentary on The Science Channel.
- Obtained summary judgment for workers' compensation insurer in multi-million dollar bad faith lawsuit. South Dakota Supreme Court affirmed trial court's decision.
- Obtained summary judgment for manufacturer of process controller in largest industrial explosion in Mississippi history. Case involved 5 deaths, and numerous burn injuries.
- Obtained summary judgment for product manufacturer in wrongful death, personal injury, and property damage lawsuits arising from explosion and fire at aluminum part manufacturing plant.
- Trial counsel for health system in wrongful death case. Listed as a top 20 defense verdict in annual Missouri publication.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death case for process control manufacturer. Case involved the death of a 37-year-old man who died after inhaling hydrogen fluoride at a plant in Port Comfort, Texas.
- Lead arbitration counsel for corporation in a dispute arising from fire at metal fabrication facility. Obtained complete defense decision from arbitration panel.
- Defended corporation in mobile home fire that resulted in death and serious injury to another. Obtained voluntary dismissal with prejudice after expert depositions.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation in which we practice and does not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
- Named a "Litigation Star," Benchmark Litigation (2013 edition)**
**Being named to the list or receiving the award is not intended and should not be viewed as comparative to other lawyers or to create an expectation about results that might be achieved in a future matter.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. (1998); Law Review
- Augustana College, B.A. magna cum laude (1995)
Jason Pfeiffer News
- Jul 10, 2009
Firm's Attorneys Receive Professional Excellence Award
The Minnesota State Bar Association presented our attorneys with the "Professional Excellence Award" for their pro bono representation of survivors of the 35W Bridge Collapse.
- Nov 19, 2007
Bad Faith Claim Denied by South Dakota Supreme Court
The South Dakota Supreme Court upheld an insurer's right to challenge fairly debatable insurance claims without being liable for the tort of 'bad faith'.
- Dec 13, 2006
Firm Names Three New Partners
The national law firm of Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P., has named three new partners from its Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis offices.
- Jul 16, 2001
Jason W. Pfeiffer and Becky R. Thorson Join Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Jason W. Pfeiffer Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.