Phyllis Bean focuses her practice on corporate and real estate matters, including business transactions, complex real estate acquisitions, sales and financing, and commercial leasing.
In the real estate area, she has represented financial institutions, developers, investors, landlords, and tenants in connection with office, shopping center, residential, nursing home, golf course, casino, and hotel projects, including timeshare, condominium, and hotel/condo projects; loan transactions and workouts; construction financing; and joint venture and partnership agreements.
Phyllis’ corporate transactional experience includes mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of businesses, venture capital transactions, and asset based lending. In addition, she has worked on aviation transactions, including acquisitions and sales of privately held and commercial aircraft, and has done all facets of in-house legal work for a major domestic and international passenger airline company.
For seven years prior to joining Berger Singerman in 2001, Ms. Bean was General Counsel for Farm Stores, a privately held company that owns and operates convenience stores and gasoline stations throughout Florida, and during that time also became General Counsel for United Petroleum Corporation, a public reporting company engaged in the same business.
- Represented the successful plan proponent in a series of reorganization transactions for the iconic, 700-room Pittsburgh Hilton hotel, that included our client’s acquisition of all the equity in the debtor. These transactions included: (a) restructuring the hotel’s senior secured financing under BlackRock Capital’s $49.6 million loan, (b) negotiating and implementing a new Franchise Agreement followed by a Hotel Management Agreement with Wyndham Hotels, (c) consummating $8 million of additional financing from Wyndham, secured by the Hotel’s equity, (d) placing up to $11 million in junior mortgage financing from our client as Plan Proponent, and (e) resolving other secured and unsecured claims
- Represented a Fortune 500 diversified commercial finance company in connection with a $200 million+ facility secured by timeshare receivables
- Represented armor manufacturer in 363 sale of assets
- Represented publicly held REIT in connection with Florida aspects of workouts of multi-million dollar loans secured by residential and commercial real estate
- Represented developer of hotel/condo project in Bradenton, Florida, including preparation of prospectus and condominium documents
- Represented developer of fractional ownership units in Miami Beach, Florida, including preparation of timeshare documents
- Represented domestic and foreign entities owning high rise office buildings and shopping centers in connection with all aspects of their leasing activities
- Represented national bank in connection with development of consumer real estate loan documentation for use in Florida
- Represented national bank in connection with various multi-million dollar construction, term and revolving real estate loans in South Florida
- Represented multi-state restaurant chain in connection with multi-million dollar sale of its assets
- Represented numerous start-up companies in connection with private placements of securities
- Represented publicly held Canadian company in connection with its domestication to the United States
- Represented commercial airline in its financing and bankruptcy sale of assets
- Represented pharmaceutical company in its multi-million dollar bankruptcy sale of assets
Awards & Recognition
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Community Involvement
- Grievance Committee of Florida Bar (1993-1996)
- Leadership Miami
- Intern – the Honorable Chares A. Stewart, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Business, Finance & Tax
Admitted to Practice
- Brown, Malman & Salmon
- Morgan Lewis
- Paul, Landy, Beiley & Harper
- Farm Stores and United Petroleum Corporation
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Phyllis S. Bean Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.