Patricia Egan Daehnke
Bonne, Bridges, Mueller, O'Keefe & Nichols
3441 S. Eastern Avenue,
Las Vegas, NV 89169
702-383-9882 (firm fax)
Shareholder | Manager of the Las Vegas Office
Los Angeles 213.738.5896 | Las Vegas 702.383.9888
In her trial practice, Tricia has earned an exemplary reputation for her ardent defense of medical professionals, cogent communication skills, and perceptive analysis of expert testimony in complex, catastrophic injury cases. Tricia is Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Tricia's courtroom and client victories in medical malpractice and healthcare related litigation extend across a wide range of medical disciplines.
Tricia defends physicians and other healthcare professionals, as well as physician groups and healthcare facilities in California and Nevada. She also defends healthcare professionals before professional licensing boards.
Representative Matters Include:
- Repeated record of achievement in Nevada and California in multi-defendant complex medical malpractice cases.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a $26 million liability lawsuit brought against an organizer of a recreational activity where a participant became blind and quadriplegic.
- Continued success in elder abuse litigation on behalf of long term care facilities, overcoming such challenges as multiple caregiver issues.
- Successfully defended a major managed health care organization in numerous binding arbitrations against claims of malpractice, wrongful denial of healthcare benefits, and bad faith.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an ER physician and urgent care facility in a civil rights lawsuit brought by the survivor of the blind patient.
- Represented a major Las Vegas hotel in litigation alleging responsibility for injuries resulting from an on site amusement attraction.
- Defended two bariatric surgeons against claims of wrongful death, fraud and intentional torts brought by the disabled heir.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a vascular surgeon facing a medical malpractice claim arising from an anterior/posterior spine surgery resulting in ischemia and limb amputation.
An active and respected member of the legal community, Tricia serves as a Trustee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is past Chair of the Litigation Section.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, WA, J.D., cum laude
- Thomas More Scholar
- Gonzaga University Law Review - Associate Editor
- Moot Court Honors Council - President
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, B.A., English
- Judicial Clerkship: Hon. Robert Rose, Nevada Supreme Court
- All state and federal courts in California and Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- State Bar of Colorado
An active and respected member of the legal community, Tricia serves as a Trustee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is past Chair of the LACBA Litigation Section.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- President Elect
- Litigation Section - Past Chair
- LACBA Sections Coordinating Committee, Past Chair
- LACBA Outstanding Jurist Award Committee, Past Chair
- LACBA Trial Advocacy Project - Acting City Attorney
- LACBA Delegation to the Conference of Delegates of California Bar Associations - Past Chair
- Health Care Law Section - Member
- Judicial Council of California - Civil & Small Claims Advisory Committee - Member 2001-2004
- Los Angeles Superior Court - Judge Pro Tem, Former Arbitrator
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- State Bar of California - Litigation and Health Care Law Sections
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- Defense Research Institute
- Law & Politics - Southern California Super Lawyer 2007-2013
- Matthew S. Rae, Jr. Outstanding Section Leader Award - LACBA 2008
- Dees v. Billy, 394 F.3d 1290 (2005).
- Bird v. Saenz, 51 P.3d 324 (2002).
Presentations & Publications
"Supreme Court Signals an End to Discriminatory Use of Peremptories," Defense Counsel Journal
"Offers to Compromise: What You Need to Know to Trigger Cost-Shifting Provisions Under CCP Section 998" - Bonne Bridges News Brief, April 2006
"Risk Management Rounds: Physicians" - Medical Risk Management, Inc.
"The Medical Record as Evidence: How will your chart look to a jury?" - November 2007 Bonne Bridges News Brief
LACBA Litigation Section Inns of Court, "Pretrial Motions and Why They are Important."
LACBA Litigation Section Breakfast at the Bar, "Law & Motion."
LACBA Litigation Section Inns of Court, "Obtaining a New Client: What Do You Ask? Then What Do You Do?"
Kaiser Permanente Ethics Symposium: Genetic Medicine for the New Millennium, "Ethics on Trial: A Case Study."
LACBA Litigation Section Inns of Court, "Mediation - The Surprising Alternative."
LACBA New yers Training Program, "Complaints and Responsive Pleadings."
LACBA Litigation Section, "Hot Topics in Civil Litigation."
|Relationship : She is my wife and the best trial lawyer I know ( Several )||
|Rates/Fees : Rates vary by type of case|
|Comments: She is an amazing advocate and loves her profession|
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of Patricia Egan Daehnke Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.