G. Scott Greenburg
925 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Mr. Greenburg is a partner with more than 25 years experience in venture capital, public offerings, intellectual property and technology issues, mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial transactions and international product distribution.
Mr. Greenburg has completed more than 100 corporate transactions for companies such as: Starbucks Corporation; Aventail Corporation; Classmates Online, Inc.; Sambazon, Inc.; Maveron LLC; VoiceStream Wireless Corporation; Westin Hotel Company; Seattle SuperSonics (The Basketball Club of Seattle); WaveLink Corporation; Adams Harkness & Hill; Western Wireless Corporation; BOXLIGHT Corporation; Washington CEO Magazine; Oh Boy! Oberto; Cucina! Cucina!, Inc.; InSpa Corporation; and Sahale Snacks, Inc.. He has transactional experience in the Internet technology, software, medical technology, specialty retail, branded products, natural products, wireless telecommunications and hospitality industries.
Corporate/Securities; Mergers and Acquisitions
- Initial public offerings, including Starbucks Corporation, Western Wireless Corporation and QuintonCardiology Systems (underwriters counsel)
- Billions of public equity and debt offerings, including VoiceStream Wireless Corporation
- Public Tax Free Spin-off from Western Wireless Corporation
- $29 billion merger proxy offering of VoiceStream Wireless Corporation, Omnipoint Corporation, and Aerial Communications, Inc.
- Billions of 144A high yield subordinated debt offerings
- Dozens of private placement offerings
- Multiple rounds of seed, venture capital and equity or debt mezzanine financing for venture funds and venture backed companies, including financings for Sambazon; Accessline Holdings; InSpa; Calidora Skin Clinics, Inc.; Sahale Snacks, Inc.; ZSweet; Aventail Corporation; VoiceStream; Haydrian Corp.; SeaMed Corp.; WaveLink Corporation; Phix; Starbucks; RocketVox Corporation; Friskit, Inc.; ArtsPatron.com, Inc.; Medina Broadcast Group, Inc.; LockStream Corporation; Nth Dimension Corporation; InSpa Corporation; and Moonstruck Chocolatier
- Dozens of corporate merger and acquisition transactions, including acquisition of Seattle SuperSonics Basketball Team and $700,000,000 of acquisitions of cellular/PCS telephone assets and businesses by Western Wireless Corporation and VoiceStream Wireless Corporation
Scott served as law clerk to Hon. W.T. Beeks, US District Court, W.D. Washington from 1980 to 1981.
- National Faculty, Corporate Director's Institute
- Washington State Bar Association, Corporate Act Revisions Committee
- Seattle University Entrepreneurship Center Board
- Past-President, Seattle-Northwest Chapter National Association of Corporate Directors
- Event Chair, Seattle-Northwest NACD Corporate Director of the Year
- Bar of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (1980) cum laude, Editor-in-Chief Law Review
- B.A., Washington State University (1977) cum laude, Business Administration/Management
Social Media and Mobile Platforms Change the Game for Directors
Puget Sound Business Journal
Important Lessons from the SEC Enforcement Action Against Tyson Foods Regarding Disclosure of Perquisites
Preston Gates & Ellis Corporate Securities/Mergers and Acquisitions Alert
May 4, 2005
Calming the Corporate Governance Crisis
Washington CEO Magazine
Back to School: Corporate Directors Get an Education and a New Standard of Care
Washington CEO Magazine
High Times for Northwest Venture Capital
K&L Gates, Lawyers Recognized in Chambers USA 2012
Chambers USA 2012 has ranked more than 100 K&L Gates LLP lawyers across the United States as leaders in their respective practice areas.
August 10, 2012
EDITORIAL REVIEWClients like Starbucks, Westin Hotel and the Seattle SuperSonics tap Greenburg.
Contact Lawdragon about the information in this review.
EVALUATIONFill in the requested information below, then submit your evaluation to have your scores calculated as part of G. Scott Greenburg Lawdragon ranking.
By submitting this form, you agree to Lawdragon's TERM OF USE.