A partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm's Capital Markets and Securities and Finance Groups, Brian advises clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, leveraged finance transactions and general corporate and securities law matters.
Brian has broad experience in representing both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings, investment grade and high yield debt offerings, preferred stock offerings and other public and private securities transactions. Brian also advises clients in connection with leveraged loans, debt and equity tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations and disclosure and corporate governance matters.
Brian's experience includes representing:
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company in its $252 million initial public offering.
- Ply Gem Holdings in its $381 million initial public offering, four offerings of senior secured and unsecured high yield notes by its subsidiary totaling over $2.0 billion and a $430 million term loan credit facility for its subsidiary.
- Intelsat S.A. in its $400 million initial public offering, its $172.5 million mandatory convertible preferred stock offering and four high yield debt offerings by its subsidiaries totaling over $7.9 billion.
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC in connection with the acquisition of Endemol, a television production and distribution company, and in connection with the joint venture involving Endemol and 21st Century Fox-owned Shine Group to create a leading global multi-platform content provider.
- Private equity sponsors in the following matters:
- the financing of the acquisition of a gaming company with senior secured credit facilities;
- the financing of the acquisition of a bottled water company with high yield notes;
- the financing of the acquisition of an oil and gas company with high yield notes; and
- the financing of the acquisition of a distributor of mineral products with high yield notes.
- Major investment banks, as underwriters, initial purchasers or placement agents in the following matters:
- the initial public offering and subsequent equity offerings by Comverge, Inc.;
- the offering of senior notes by Suncor Energy Inc.;
- the offering of preferred stock by Medis Technologies; and
- the offering of high yield notes by Precision Drilling.
Brian's public company clients include The Wendy's Company, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company, Ply Gem Holdings, Intelsat and AMN Healthcare. He has also represented private equity firms such as Apollo Global Management and Crestview Partners.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law
with high honors
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Brian Janson