David Siegel has helped thousands of people obtain redress through our court system. He has nearly 25 years of experience advising businesses and individuals in commercial disputes, product liability suits, mass tort actions, consumer class actions, securities fraud, and bankruptcy litigation. His cross-border work includes arguing on behalf of clients located in the Philippines and Latin America, among other regions.
- Successfully litigated and settled for seven-figures an unliquidated and unsecured general creditor litigation claim in the New York Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceeding.
- Currently representing independent concert promoters against the largest concert promotion company in the world for tortious interference claims.
- Currently representing investors who lost money in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Currently representing investors in FINRA arbitration proceedings against brokerage firms for various securities fraud claims, including fraud in the sale of securities, and unsuitable investment recommendations.
- Member of the legal team that recovered a $70 million settlement from Securities America, Inc., the broker-dealer subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, Inc., for investors who lost money in the Medical Capital Ponzi scheme.
- Represented physicians in actions against multiple health insurers for their fraudulent reimbursement practices.
- Successfully represented tens of thousands of overseas agricultural workers who sought recovery for injuries arising from exposure to pesticides banned in the United States. The litigation was brought in U.S. courts.
- Advised a class of Texas purchasers of workers’ compensation insurance in overcharge litigation, yielding settlements refunding the illegal overcharges.
- Successfully represented thousands of users of the diet drug combination fen-phen in cases brought across the country.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business litigation contexts, including breach of contract, fraud, business interference, preference, fraudulent transfer, non-compete clause enforcement, trade secret matters, and fiduciary duty claims.
- Assisted with winning a substantial settlement for a class of purchasers of life insurance policies. The clients had been defrauded into their purchases by false representations about premium payments.
- Assisted with winning a $112,119,005 jury verdict after a three-week trial in a case brought under civil RICO against defendants who conspired to extort money from our corporate client and then tamper with trial witnesses.
- Helped obtain the release of a wrongly convicted person in a habeas proceeding. The client’s innocence was proven by DNA evidence.
MEMBERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- University of Houston,
- University of Texas,
B.A. in Plan II Honors Program, 1985
- Admitted to Practice in Texas, State and Federal Courts