David has successfully represented clients in a wide-variety of business litigation for over 15 years. He is also an accomplished advisor to clients on business law matters, including business agreements, corporate compliance, internal investigations and risk management. David was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers from 2010-2015. Only five percent of the lawyers in Pennsylvania were selected for this honor.
His business litigation experience includes complex contract matters involving partnership, investment management, product development, and other commercial disputes. David has represented clients in cases involving antitrust claims, including unfair competition conspiracies, price fixing, market allocation, exclusive dealing and monopolization. In addition, he has defended clients in federal securities fraud class action lawsuits. He has also represented professionals, including lawyers, investment managers, officers and directors, in litigation alleging breach of the standard of care and fiduciary duty. David’s litigation experience also includes employment disputes involving confidentiality and non-competition agreements, as well as wrongful termination and discrimination claims. He has also defended clients in cases involving construction accidents.
With regard to business law counseling, David has advised clients on confidentiality, non-competition, and non-disclosures agreements, distribution agreements, as well as various issues arising under the Uniform Commercial Code. He has counseled clients on corporate compliance issues, including codes of conduct, antitrust, and anti-bribery policies. In addition, he has advised clients on liability mitigation and risk management, and counseled corporate boards on investigations of alleged corporate wrongdoing.
David is active in the international business community. He has assisted start-up and established businesses in Europe with entering the U.S. market. David currently serves as the President of the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce–Philadelphia.
- Successfully resolved an unfair competition dispute for a technology company.
- Achieved dismissal of federal securities fraud claims against brought against a former officer of a publicly traded company.
- Successfully resolved a dispute involving alleged violations of a non-disclosure agreement for a technology company.
- Successfully represented an investment management company in a dispute with a former officer and shareholder alleging employment and contract claims.
- Achieved a favorable settlement for a financial management company in a lawsuit alleging fraud, fiduciary duty, and contract claims.
- Represented a life sciences company in federal class action securities fraud litigation.
- Obtained a directed verdict for a private equity company in connection with a tortious interference with merger agreement dispute.
- Achieved a favorable jury verdict in a professional malpractice case.
- Defended officers and directors of corporations in a variety of actions alleging breach of fiduciary duty, breach of the standard of care and fraud.
- Represented and defended corporations and other business organizations in antitrust cases involving individual and class action claims concerning unfair competition conspiracies, price fixing, market allocation, exclusive dealing and monopolization.
- Achieved summary judgment and dismissal of antitrust conspiracy case for a corporate defendant.
- Successfully defended a technology company in a dispute involving alleged misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Achieved dismissal of a false claims and conspiracy to defraud lawsuit brought against a corporate defendant.
- The Honorable Janis Graham Jack, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
MEMBERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY
- Member, American Bar Associations, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and Philadelphia Bar Association
- President and Board Member, Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce–Philadelphia
- Secretary and Board Member, Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce–USA
- Board of Governors, American-Swedish Historical Museum in Philadelphia
- Coach, Radnor Soccer Club and Radnor-Wayne Little League
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2010-2015
- Cornell Law School,
- University of Pennsylvania,
B.A., summa cum laude, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third CIrcuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal CIrcuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania