Edward (“Ted”) Ackerman is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. He focuses his practice on advising private equity and strategic clients on their M&A, carve-out, joint venture, equity financing, restructuring and general corporate transactions. Ted has extensive experience with transactions in a broad cross-section of industries, including consumer products, restaurant/beverage, manufacturing, logistics and financial services.
Some of Ted's recent transactions include the representation of:
- A-T Solutions, Inc., a provider of counterterrorism services, products, technology and training, in its acquisition by Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc., a provider of support for essential global missions of the U.S. government.
- C. Dean Metropoulos in his:
- sale of Pabst Brewing Company to a consortium comprised of Oasis Beverages and TSG Consumer Partners; and
- acquisition of Pabst Brewing Company from the Kalmanovitz Charitable Foundation.
- CI Capital Partners in:
- its sale of KIK Custom Products, an independent manufacturer of consumer packaged goods, to affiliates of Centerbridge Partners;
- its sale of American Residential Services (ARS), a leading provider of air conditioning and plumbing services nationwide, to Charlesbank Capital Partners;
- its acquisition of Pivot Physical Therapy (formerly PT Network), the owner and operator of a network of physical therapy centers;
- its sale of Transplace, a leading provider of non-asset based third party logistics, intermodal and truck brokerage services, to Greenbriar Equity Group LLC;
- its sale of Conney Safety Products, LLC, a specialty distributor of safety supplies, to WESCO Distribution, Inc.; and
- numerous other acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings for CI Capital and its portfolio companies.
- Clarion Capital Partners in its:
- acquisition of a majority interest in Moravia IT a.s., a Czech Republic-based provider of translation and localization services;
- sale of Cross MediaWorks LLC, a leading provider of technology-enabled television advertising solutions, to Lee Equity Partners; and
- sale of Crowe Paradis Services Corporation, a premier provider of claims analysis and compliance solutions, to Verisk Analytics, Inc.
- General Atlantic in its investment in QualityTech, a leader in the development and operation of data center facilities in the United States.
- Harbinger Group Inc. in convertible preferred stock issuances to investors led by private equity funds affiliated with Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- Interline Brands, Inc., a leading distributor and direct marketer of maintenance and repair and operations throughout North America, Central America and the Caribbean,in its acquisition by Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and P2 Capital Partners, LLC.
- KIK Custom Products Inc. in its:
- acquisition of Marietta Holding Corporation;
- carve-out acquisition of the Consumer Products business of Chemtura Corporation;
- acquisition of Chem Lab Products, Incorporated; and
- partnership with The Clorox Company in connection with KIK's launch of pool & spa chemicals and accessories under the CloroxTM Pool&Spa brand in the U.S. and Canada.
- KPS Capital Partners in its:
- sale of WWRD Holdings Ltd., a luxury home and lifestyle products company, to Fiskars Corporation;
- sale of North American Breweries Holdings, LLC, one of the largest independently owned beer companies in the United States, to Cervecerίa Costa Rica, S.A.;
- sale of Attends Healthcare, Inc. to Domtar Corporation; and
- carve-out acquisition of the metals business of Olin Corporation (now known as Global Brass and Copper Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: BRSS)).
- Majestic Research Corp., an independent provider of data-driven equity research to the institutional investment community, in its acquisition by Investment Technology Group, Inc., a NYSE-listed agency broker and financial technology firm.
- NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation, a provider of mobile crane rental and heavy haul services, in its acquisition of B&G Crane Holdings, Inc., a provider of fully operated and maintained crane services, heavy rigging and specialty hauling services.
- Smashburger Master LLC, a Denver-based leading "fast casual" restaurant brand, in its definitive agreement to sell a 40 percent stake in the company to Jollibee Foods Corp., a Philippines-based restaurant chain, based on an enterprise value of the company of $335 million.
Mr. Ackerman served as associate managing editor of the Brooklyn Law Review.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2005
magna cum laude
- B.A., New York University, 2001
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Edward Ackerman
Dec 16, 2015 | News
PulteGroup to Acquire Homebuilding Assets From John Wieland Homes
Oct 13, 2015 | News
Smashburger to Sell Minority Stake to Jollibee Foods
Sep 30, 2015 | News
Crestview Partners Makes Equity Investment in Arxis Capital
Aug 26, 2015 | News
CI Capital Completes Sale of KIK Custom Products
Jul 02, 2015 | News
Fiskars Completes Acquisition of WWRD
Jun 30, 2015 | News
KIK Custom Products to be Acquired by Centerbridge Partners
May 27, 2015 | News
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Completes Acquisition of B&G Crane
May 19, 2015 | Publications
Delaware Supreme Court Clarifies That Plaintiffs Must Plead a Non-Exculpated Claim of Breach of Fiduciary Duty to Survive Motion to Dismiss, Even Where Entire Fairness Applies
May 11, 2015 | News
KPS Capital Partners to Sell WWRD to Fiskars Corporation
May 07, 2015 | News
A-T Solutions to be Acquired by PAE
May 07, 2015 | Publications
Delaware Court of Chancery Again Sets Appraisal Value at Merger Price After a “Competitive and Fair Auction”
Apr 27, 2015 | News
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul to Purchase B&G Crane
Apr 08, 2015 | Publications
Delaware M&A Quarterly
Mar 17, 2015 | Publications
Delaware Court of Chancery Holds That Fee-Shifting Bylaw Does Not Apply to Former Stockholder
Mar 04, 2015 | Publications
Delaware Court of Chancery Holds That Minority Stockholders Did Not Waive Appraisal Rights in a Merger Where the Company Failed to Properly Exercise Drag-Along Rights
Feb 16, 2015 | News
Clarion Acquires Majority Interest in Moravia IT
Dec 05, 2014 | Publications
Paul, Weiss Announces Election of Five New Partners