Ellen Ching is a partner in the Corporate Department, where she is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group. She focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and other transactional matters. Ms. Ching has represented private equity funds and publicly traded and privately held companies across a broad array of industries including hospitality, healthcare, shipping and consumer products.
Recent representations include advising:
- General Atlantic in its:
- investment in CareCore National, a leading provider of specialty benefits management services, and in CareCore National's merger with MedSolutions, Inc., a Tennessee-based specialty healthcare benefits management company;
- sale of its portfolio company, MedExpress, a West Virginia-based provider of high-quality, affordable walk-in care, to Optum, a Minnesota-based health services company and division of UnitedHealth Group; and
- sale of its portfolio company, Network Solutions, to Web.com for $405 million and 18 million shares of Web.com common stock.
- Oaktree Capital Management in its:
- stock-for-stock sale of its portfolio companies, Oceanbulk Shipping LLC and Oceanbulk Carriers LLC, international dry bulk shipping companies, to Star Bulk Carriers Corp., a Greece-based dry bulk shipping company;
- sale of its portfolio company, Tekni-Plex, a global manufacturer of technically-sophisticated products and engineered components in its sale to American Securities;
- $1 billion venture and restructuring with Bain Capital and The Related Companies to form International Market Centers, a network of premium home furnishings, gift and home decor showroom and exhibition space;
- $1.09 billion sale of more than 2,300 tower sites in the U.S. and Central America by its portfolio company, Mobilitie Investments, to SBA Communications Corp.; and
- acquisition of control of Aleris International through a $2.7 billion restructuring pursuant to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Dan Doctoroff in connection with the acquisition by Intersection Holdings, a consortium of technology and civic leaders led by Dan Doctoroff and Sidewalk Labs, a recently launched partnership between Dan and Google, of Titan Outdoor Holdings and Control Group Ventures. Dan Doctoroff will be Intersection's chairman and interim CEO.
- Joint venture between Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III, Inc., a California-based real estate investment trust (REIT), and NorthStar Healthcare Income, Inc., a Colorado-based REIT, in its $1.125 billion acquisition of Trilogy Investors LLC, a Kentucky-based owner-operator of purpose-built integrated senior healthcare campuses.
- NorthStar Realty Finance Corp., a New York-based publically-traded commercial real estate company, in its $875 million acquisition of a portfolio of independent-living facilities from Harvest Facility Holdings, an Oregon-based operator of retirement homes and senior living properties.
- Grupo Posadas, a Mexican operator of hotels, in the $275 million sale of its South American hotel portfolio to Accor, the French hotel group.
- National Bulk Carriers in the sale of the stock of a private REIT, the common shareholders of which are Harvard, MIT, Johns Hopkins, University of Chicago, Stanford University and MSKCC. The REIT owns approximately 50% of two major office buildings (1345 Avenue of the Americas and 605 Third Avenue) in New York City.
- Fifth & Pacific Companies (now Kate Spade & Company) in the sale of Lucky Brand to LBD Acquisition Company, LLC, an affiliate of Leonard Green & Partners, L.P., for $225 million.
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- A.B., Harvard University
magna cum laude
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Ellen Ching