A partner in the Corporate Department, Ken Schneider focuses on mergers and acquisitions. He has substantial experience in restructurings and has developed a significant practice in representing buyers and sellers of financially distressed and bankrupt companies. Ken also has substantial experience in buying and selling interests in alternative investment managers.
Representative clients include Oaktree Capital Management, Oak Hill Capital Partners, Oak Hill Advisors, Avenue Capital Group, Yankee Global Enterprises, Crestview Partners, Varde Partners, Silver Point Capital and the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.
Recent transactions include:
- Tekni-Plex, a global manufacturer of technically-sophisticated products and engineered components and an Oaktree Capital Management portfolio company, in its sale to American Securities
- Oaktree Capital Management, as part of a consortium that included Apollo Global Management, LLC and Crestview Partners, in their $2.6 billion sale of a minority stake in Charter Communications to Liberty Media
- Crestview Partners in its acquisition of ASP NEP/NCP Holdco, Inc., a leading provider of total broadcast solutions in the live sports and entertainment markets throughout the U.S. and U.K.
- The senior secured lenders to Australian-based Nine Entertainment Group in the restructuring of more than AUS $2 billion of debt by means of a scheme of arrangement
- Oaktree Capital Management in the $1.3 billion sale of its aircraft leasing company JSA International, which operates as Jackson Square Aviation, to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease and Finance Co., Ltd.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the $1.1 billion sale of Mobilitie Investments to SBA Communications and in the formation of Mobilitie Investments
- TPG, Oaktree Capital Management and JH Investments in the $1.2 billion acquisition of Taylor Wimpey's North American real estate operations, including Taylor Morrison and Monarch Homes
- Oaktree Capital Management in the $1 billion venture and restructuring with Bain Capital and The Related Companies to form International Market Centers
- Oak Hill Advisors in connection with the sale of a minority interest to General Atlantic and repurchase of iStar Financial's interest
- Crestview Partners in its investment in Cumulus Media, as part of Cumulus's acquisition of Citadel Broadcasting Corporation
- Crestview Partners in its investment in Camping World/Good Sam Enterprises
- Oaktree Capital Management in its acquisition of control of Aleris International through a $2.7 billion restructuring pursuant to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization
- Oaktree Capital Management, Apollo Global Management, Crestview Partners and other members of a committee of bondholders of Charter Communications in the $22 billion restructuring of Charter Communications pursuant to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization
- Avenue Capital Group in connection with a minority investment by Morgan Stanley in Avenue
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority in connection with its investment in Apollo Global Management
- Yankee Global Enterprises LLC in the formation of the YES Network and in the restructuring of the ownership of the New York Yankees, New Jersey Nets and New Jersey Devils
- Oaktree Capital Management in the $5.2 billion sale of Pegasus Aviation Finance Company
- Oaktree Capital Management in the $600 million investment in the preferred stock of EXCO Resources
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in the acquisition of Wide Open West and sale of WideOpenWest to Avista Capital Partners
- Oak Hill Capital Partners and General Atlantic in the acquisition of GenPact from GE
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Kerzner International Limited in connection with the $3.8 billion sale of Kerzner to an investment group that included Istithmar, Whitehall Street Global Real Estate, Colony Capital, Providence Equity Partners and The Related Companies
In 2012, Ken was recognized by Legal 500 for his work in private equity buyouts.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1984
magna cum laude
- B.A., Columbia University, 1979
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Kenneth Schneider
Dec 11, 2015 | News
Crestview Partners to Take Significant Stake in WOW!
Mar 31, 2015 | News
TowerBrook to Acquire J.Jill
Mar 02, 2015 | News
Oaktree Affiliates to Acquire Pulse Electronics
Nov 06, 2014 | News
Crestview Portfolio Company to Be Acquired by Cott for $1.25 Billion
Aug 03, 2014 | News
International Strategy & Investment To Be Acquired by Evercore
Jun 16, 2014 | News
Star Bulk and OceanBulk to Create the Largest U.S. Listed Dry Bulk Company
Jul 24, 2013 | News
Crestview Partners Agrees to Acquire DS Waters
May 02, 2013 | News
Oaktree Backstops Equity Rights Offering for Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
May 01, 2013 | News
Liberty Media Completes Acquisition of 27% Stake in Charter Communications for $2.6 Billion
Mar 19, 2013 | News
Liberty Media to Acquire 27% Stake in Charter Communications for $2.6 Billion
Dec 24, 2012 | News
Crestview Partners Acquires ASP NEP/NCP Holdco, Inc.
Nov 07, 2012 | News
Pulse Electronics Announces Recapitalization on $102.7 Million Oaktree Investment
Oct 04, 2012 | News
Oaktree Sells Aircraft Leasing Company to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease and Finance for $1.3 Billion
Jul 03, 2012 | News
Conversus Sells Investment Portfolio to HarbourVest
Feb 23, 2012 | News
Oaktree Capital Management Agrees to Sell Mobilitie Assets
Dec 18, 2015
Financial Times Recognizes Paul, Weiss in Innovative Lawyers Report