A partner in the Corporate Department, Neil Goldman is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Group. Neil has extensive experience with public and private company transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, divestitures, restructuring transactions and joint ventures.
Some of his recent transactions include representation of:
- Automatic Data Processing, Inc.:
- in its $400 million acquisition of Cobalt Holding Company and its acquisitions of Workscape, Inc., The RightThing and SHPS Human Resource Solutions;
- in the formation of Open Dealer Exchange, a joint venture with The Reynolds and Reynolds Company; and
- in its $975 million sale of its Claims Services Group to GTCR Golder Rauner LLC.
- Charter Communications, Inc.'s ad hoc bondholder committee in one of the largest pre-arranged chapter 11 filings in history, including a $2.5 billion investment and a reduction of approximately $8 billion in Charter's total debt;
- Crestview Partners:
- in its acquisition of DS Waters of America;
- in its acquisition of NEP Broadcasting, LLC and its affiliates from American Securities;
- in its investment with other institutional investors of $475 million in Cumulus Media Inc., a Nasdaq-listed company, as part of Cumulus's acquisition of Citadel Broadcasting Corporation; and
- in its investment in Camping World/Good Sam Enterprises.
- General Atlantic LLC:
- portfolio company Align Networks, Inc. in its acquisition of Universal SmartComp and its sale to Apax Partners;
- portfolio company Network Solutions, LLC in its sale to Web.com Group, Inc., a Nasdaq-listed company;
- together with KKR & Co., in their $1.65 billion acquisition of TASC, Inc. from Northrop Grumman Corporation; and
- in its minority investments in Facebook, Inc., Red Ventures, LLC, Qualicorp Group, Peixe Urbano, Inc., SnapAV and XP Investimentos.
- Major League Baseball in the $2.15 billion sale of the Los Angeles Dodgers to Guggenheim Baseball Management;
- Oaktree Capital Management:
- in its sale, together with Apollo Global Management and Crestview Partners, of a $2.6 billion stake in Charter Communications, Inc. to Liberty Media Corporation;
- in the $1.3 billion sale of its aircraft leasing company, Jackson Square Aviation, to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease and Finance Co., Ltd.;
- in its $5.2 billion sale of Pegasus Aviation Finance Company; and
- in its $600 million investment in the preferred stock of EXCO Resources, Inc., an NYSE-listed company.
- United States Treasury in the sale of its stake in Ally Financial Inc.
Neil's additional transactional experience includes the representation of Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of CKx, Inc. (now CORE Media Group), a Nasdaq-listed company; Discovery Communications, LLC in the formation of OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network, a joint venture with certain affiliates of Ms. Winfrey; and Time Warner Cable Inc. in its $17.9 billion acquisition of certain cable properties of Adelphia Communications Corporation out of bankruptcy.
Neil is recognized in Legal 500 for his work on "mega-deal" mergers, acquisitions and buyouts.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2000
- B.S., Stanford University, 1996
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Neil Goldman
Dec 22, 2015 | News
General Atlantic to Take Minority Stake in Pague Menos Pharmacies
Dec 16, 2015 | News
General Atlantic Takes Minority Stake in Barteca
Dec 11, 2015 | News
Crestview Partners to Take Significant Stake in WOW!
Dec 01, 2015 | News
AppDynamics Closes $158 Million in Growth Financing
Nov 24, 2015 | News
Wellspring Acquires AdvoServ
Sep 30, 2015 | News
Avant Announces $325 Million Funding Round Led by General Atlantic
Jul 13, 2015 | News
General Atlantic Announces Investment in Aimbridge Hospitality
Jul 01, 2015 | News
General Atlantic to Acquire Majority Stake in EN Engineering
Jun 04, 2015 | News
General Atlantic to Acquire Majority Stake in Too Faced Cosmetics
Dec 12, 2014 | News
General Atlantic Purchases a Stake in Adyen
Dec 04, 2014 | News
CareCore and MedSolutions Complete Merger
Nov 06, 2014 | News
Crestview Portfolio Company to Be Acquired by Cott for $1.25 Billion
Oct 27, 2014 | News
Oaktree to Acquire Interest in Hess Energy Trading Company
Oct 15, 2014 | Events
Neil Goldman Speaks at PEGCC General Counsels’ Day
Sep 25, 2014 | News
Law360 Dealmakers Q&A With Neil Goldman
Sep 30, 2014 | News
ADP Completes Spin-Off of Automotive Dealer Services Business
Jun 16, 2014 | News
Star Bulk and OceanBulk to Create the Largest U.S. Listed Dry Bulk Company
Apr 18, 2014 | News
General Atlantic Completes Investment in Alignment Healthcare
Oct 25, 2013 | News
General Atlantic to Sell Align Networks
Jul 24, 2013 | News
Crestview Partners Agrees to Acquire DS Waters
Jul 05, 2013 | News
Gavilon Completes Acquisition by Marubeni
Jun 13, 2013 | News
General Atlantic Acquires Majority Interest in SnapAV
May 02, 2013 | News
Oaktree Backstops Equity Rights Offering for Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
May 01, 2013 | News
Liberty Media Completes Acquisition of 27% Stake in Charter Communications for $2.6 Billion
Mar 19, 2013 | News
Liberty Media to Acquire 27% Stake in Charter Communications for $2.6 Billion
Feb 26, 2013 | News
General Atlantic Completes Investment in XP Investimentos
Dec 24, 2012 | News
Crestview Partners Acquires ASP NEP/NCP Holdco, Inc.
Nov 08, 2012 | News
Spectrum Brands Acquires Interest in Shaser, Inc.
Oct 04, 2012 | News
Oaktree Sells Aircraft Leasing Company to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease and Finance for $1.3 Billion