A partner in the Real Estate Department, Salvatore Gogliormella focuses his practice on the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of real estate assets. He has significant experience in the healthcare industry, representing large REITs and other investors in connection with purchases, sales, leases, financings and joint venture and management arrangements with respect to assisted and independent living communities, memory care and skilled nursing facilities, hospitals and medical office buildings, and in the hospitality industry, negotiating agreements for the management, branding and financing of hotels and related residential products.
Sal's representations include:
- NorthStar Realty Finance Corp., a New York-based publicly traded commercial real estate company, in its:
- $4 billion acquisition of a Griffin-American-sponsored non-traded public REIT, which owned 289 healthcare facilities in 32 states and the United Kingdom;
- $1.125 billion acquisition of Trilogy Investors, through a joint venture with Griffin-American, involving the acquisition of 100 senior housing facilities and ancillary businesses; and
- $875 million acquisition of a portfolio of 35 independent living facilities in 12 states from Harvest Facility Holdings.
- HCP, Inc., an S&P 500 healthcare REIT, in its:
- $1.2 billion joint venture for a portfolio of 14 continuing-care retirement communities and hundreds of related garden homes;
- joint venture for a portfolio of 49 senior housing communities; and
- $850 million acquisition, through the formation of a joint venture, of the U.S. portfolio of a Canadian senior housing company, of 35 senior housing communities located across 8 states.
- Fontainebleau Miami JV, LLC, the owner of the iconic Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel, in its out-of-court restructuring of over $840 million in debt and other secured claims and in multiple subsequent refinancings of the hotel.
- Sahara India Pariwar, an Indian business conglomerate, in its engagement of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts to manage The Plaza Hotel in New York City.
- Las Vegas Sands, Inc. in negotiations with several of the world's leading hotel companies for the management and licensing of a strip of hotels in Macau.
- MTA in leasing transactions with Related Companies LP for the West Side Railyards.
- Oaktree Capital Management as part of a consortium of investors that created International Market Centers, L.P., the largest network of premium home furnishings, gift and home decor showroom and exhibition space in the world.
- Jonathan Rose Companies in its arrangements with non-profit cultural groups to develop a green mixed-use project in the Brooklyn Cultural District.
- KLM Equities in the acquisition and leasing of 920 Broadway located in New York City's Flatiron district.
Sal has been recognized for his real estate work by The Legal 500 and was named a Rising Star in Real Estate by Law360 in 2014. He has served as pro bono counsel for a number of nonprofit organizations, including The Bronx Museum of the Arts, the Urban Justice Center and Community Access. He sits on the boards of directors of the New York Civil Liberties Union and of VIP Community Services, a Bronx-based organization that provides a continuum of services to individuals struggling with chemical dependency.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2002
- A.B., Harvard College, 1998
- Hon. Charles P. Sifton, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Salvatore Gogliormella
Sep 15, 2015 | News
Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III Joint Venture to Acquire Trilogy Health Services for $1.125 Billion
Sep 14, 2015 | News
WME IMG Acquires Miss Universe Organization From Donald Trump
Aug 26, 2015 | News
CI Capital Completes Sale of KIK Custom Products
Jun 30, 2015 | News
KIK Custom Products to be Acquired by Centerbridge Partners
Jun 23, 2015 | News
Spectrum Brands Closes Multicurrency Credit Facility
May 27, 2015 | News
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Completes Acquisition of B&G Crane
Apr 28, 2015 | News
Spectrum Brands Agrees to Acquire Armored AutoGroup for $1.4 Billion
Apr 27, 2015 | News
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul to Purchase B&G Crane
Apr 15, 2015 | News
WME IMG to Acquire Professional Bull Riders Inc.
Apr 09, 2015 | News
NorthStar Realty Finance to Acquire Independent-Living Facility Portfolio
Mar 17, 2015 | News
HCP Announces $849 Million Acquisition of Private Pay Senior Housing Portfolio
Nov 05, 2014 | News
NorthStar to Acquire Ownership Interest in American Healthcare Investors
Sep 23, 2014 | News
Spectrum Brands to Acquire Procter & Gamble’s European Pet Food Business
Sep 18, 2014 | News
Spectrum Brands Agrees to Acquire Tell Manufacturing
Aug 05, 2014 | News
NorthStar Realty to Acquire Griffin-American in $4 Billion Transaction
Jul 21, 2014 | News
Autocam Corporation To Merge With NN
Jun 16, 2014 | News
Star Bulk and OceanBulk to Create the Largest U.S. Listed Dry Bulk Company
May 16, 2014 | Publications
Senior Housing Facility Management Agreements
May 01, 2014 | News
Shred-it Combines with Cintas’ Document Shredding Business
May 01, 2014 | News
Savills to Acquire Studley
Mar 31, 2014 | News
Las Vegas Sands Closes VML Refinancing
Feb 04, 2014 | News
Fifth & Pacific Completes Sale of Lucky Brand to Leonard Green & Partners
Apr 23, 2014
Law360 Recognizes Salvatore
Gogliormella as a Rising Star