DALLAS, Texas (February 29, 2016) – The law firm of Thompson & Knight LLP today announced the election of nine Partners to serve on the Firm’s Management Committee for 2016. As the Firm’s recently-elected Managing Partner, Mark M. Sloan will chair the Committee.
During Mr. Sloan’s nearly 20 year career at Thompson & Knight, he has served as an Associate and Partner in and Practice Leader of the Firm’s Real Estate and Banking Practice Group. He also has served as a member of the Firm's Management Committee. In addition to his new duties, Mr. Sloan will continue to serve clients through his thriving real estate practice, which focuses primarily on various types of real estate lending transactions, real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and real estate development. He succeeds Emily A. Parker, the Firm’s first-ever female Managing Partner who has resumed full-time her nationally renowned tax controversy practice.
The Firm is pleased to announce the other eight members of the Committee are:
· David M. Bennett – Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Leader in the Dallas office
· Gregory D. Binns – member of the Firm’s Trial Practice Group in the Dallas office
· Ann Marie Cowdrey – member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the Dallas office
· Sarah E. McLean – member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the Austin and Houston offices
· Gregory S. Meece – member of the Firm’s Trial Practice Group in the Houston office
· Bruce S. Sostek – Co-Chair of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group in the Dallas office
· R. David Wheat – member of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in the Dallas office
· Hunter H. White – Co-Chair of the Firm’s Energy Industry Group and member of the Firm’s Oil and Gas Practice Group in the Houston office
About Thompson & Knight
Established in 1887, Thompson & Knight is a full-service law firm with more than 300 attorneys. The Firm provides legal solutions to clients and communities around the world and is particularly recognized for its depth of experience and capabilities on behalf of the energy industry. Thompson & Knight has been named “Law Firm of the Year” in Oil & Gas Law in U.S. News-Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” for 2011-2013, 2015. For more information, visit www.tklaw.com.