By Lawdragon News | May 16, 2017 | Press Releases, Cravath News
On May 10, 2017, DHX Media Ltd. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the entertainment division of Iconix Brand Group Inc., which includes, among other brands, an 80 percent controlling interest in Peanuts, for a total purchase price of $345 million. The remaining 20 percent interest in Peanuts will continue to be held by members of the family of Charles M. Schulz, the creator of Peanuts. Cravath is representing the members of the Schulz family in connection with the transaction.
The Cravath team is led by partners Faiza J. Saeed and Thomas E. Dunn and includes associate Nicholas J. Maida on M&A matters and partner David J. Kappos and associate Nicholas Kypriotakis on intellectual property matters.