Monica Thurmond is deputy chair of the Corporate Department and a member of the Capital Markets and Securities and Finance Groups. She has represented issuers in capital markets and leveraged finance transactions, including IPOs and high yield debt offerings.
Monica has represented both issuers and investment banking firms in a variety of public and private equity and debt securities offerings, including initial public offerings, as well as high yield and convertible debt offerings. She also represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a variety of other engagements such as leveraged acquisitions, structured exchange offers, debt and equity tender offers, first and second lien senior secured debt financings, high yield bridge financings and consent solicitations. Monica has also counseled companies in disclosure and corporate governance matters.
Her experience includes:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation in the following matters:
- its initial public offering of common stock;
- its $1.25 billion senior secured notes offering;
- its $750 million senior secured notes offering by its subsidiaries; and
- its structured exchange offer of $3.7 billion aggregate principal amount of second lien notes for $5.4 billion aggregate principal amount of outstanding senior notes and senior subordinated notes.
- AMC Entertainment Inc. in the following matters:
- its $600 million senior subordinated notes offering;
- its amendment and extension of $669 million of revolving credit and term loans under its senior secured credit facilities; and
- its tender offers for all of its $325 million aggregate principal amount of senior subordinated notes and $240 million aggregate principal amount of its senior discount notes.
- EP Energy LLC in the following matters:
- its $2 billion and $350 million senior notes offerings; and
- its $750 million senior secured notes offering.
- A large asset manager in the following matters:
- its initial public offering of Class A shares;
- the financing of its acquisition of a large entertainment company; and
- the financing of its acquisition of a large gaming company.
- KPS Capital Partners in:
- the leveraged acquisition of Expera Specialty Solutions, LLC, and the specialty paper businesses of Wausau Paper Corp. to create a leading North American manufacturer of specialty paper products for the food packaging, industrial, and pressure-sensitive release liner segments;
- the financing of its acquisition of American & Efird, Inc;
- a $475 million asset-based revolving and term loan credit facilities used to finance the acquisition of ThyssenKrupp Waupaca, Inc., North America's leading supplier of iron castings to the automotive, truck, agriculture, construction, hydraulics and commercial vehicle markets;
- the $270 million refinancing of Expera Specialty Solutions;
- the $240 million refinancing of Motor Coach Industries International; and
- a $167.5 million asset-based refinancing of WWRD Holdings Limited.
- Palladium Equity Partners in the financing of its acquisition of Q'Max Solutions Inc., a Canada-based provider of drilling fluid and technical expertise to assist in drilling oil and gas wells.
- DS Waters of America, Inc., a leading provider of home-and-office delivery of bottled water and office cofeeservices, in the following matters:
- its $300 million senior secured notes offering;
- its seven-year $320 million first-lien term loan facility; and
- its five-year $75 million asset-based revolving credit facility.
In 2014, Monica was recognized by The Legal 500 for her work in capital markets, including debt offerings, equity offerings, and high-yield debt offerings.
- J.D., William & Mary Law School, 1996
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1992
See Library Tab for articles, publications and presentations by Monica Thurmond
Dec 11, 2015 | News
Crestview Partners to Take Significant Stake in WOW!
Dec 01, 2015 | News
Platform Specialty Products Closes Acquisition of Alent
Nov 10, 2015 | News
KPS Capital Partners to Sell Motor Coach Industries for $480 Million
Sep 15, 2015 | News
Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III Joint Venture to Acquire Trilogy Health Services for $1.125 Billion
Jul 16, 2015 | News
A&E Closes Dividend Recapitalization
Jul 15, 2015 | News
Shred-it to Be Acquired by Stericycle for $2.3 Billion
Jul 02, 2015 | News
Fiskars Completes Acquisition of WWRD
May 11, 2015 | News
KPS Capital Partners to Sell WWRD to Fiskars Corporation
Mar 30, 2015 | News
AGS to Acquire Cadillac Jack
Dec 02, 2014 | News
Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Closes Equity Investment in Tierpoint
Oct 24, 2014 | News
TierPoint to Acquire Xand
Nov 06, 2014 | News
Crestview Portfolio Company to Be Acquired by Cott for $1.25 Billion
Sep 30, 2014 | News
ADP Completes Spin-Off of Automotive Dealer Services Business
Sep 17, 2014 | News
Oasis Beverages to Acquire Pabst Brewing Company
Aug 19, 2014 | News
KPS to Sell Waupaca Foundry to Hitachi Metals for $1.3 Billion
May 30, 2014 | News
KPS Capital Completes Acquisition of Electrical Components International
May 06, 2014 | News
William Morris Endeavor Closes Acquisition of IMG
May 01, 2014 | News
Shred-it Combines with Cintas’ Document Shredding Business
Apr 09, 2014 | News
KPS to Acquire Electrical Components International
Mar 24, 2015
KPS Capital Wins Two Buyouts “Deal of the Year” Awards